Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov outlined the priority areas of work of the bicameral Parliament of Turkmenistan
08:52 17.04.2021 1179
President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, who was elected yesterday as the Chairman of the Halk Maslahaty of the Milli Gengesh of Turkmenistan, made a speech in which he outlined the priorities of the new legislative body.
- The protection of citizens' rights and freedoms is a key area of the national Parliament's legislative activity, - the President said, noting that the country's Basic Law guarantees rights and freedoms that correspond to national experience and international law.
The Head of State called strengthening and increasing the economic potential, ensuring the intensive development of the state the second most important area of work of the Halk Maslahaty.
- These measures should provide for the modernization of the legal framework for industrial, investment and innovation activities, promote effective budget, tax and banking policies, as well as support small and medium-sized businesses," Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov said.
In this regard, the Turkmen leader stressed the importance of accelerating the transition to market relations, developing the non-state sector of the economy, stimulating entrepreneurship, attracting foreign investment, and introducing new forms and methods of economic management.
- This also includes increasing the capacity of the fuel and energy complex and other strategically important industries, including the textile and chemical industries, the construction sector, as well as accelerating the pace of work to expand the transport and communication infrastructure, the head of state noted.
The third point of Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov outlined the improvement of legislation in the field of science, education, digital system, culture, tourism, sports and youth policy.
The President further stressed that the new composition of the Parliament faces major tasks related to legislative activities in the field of protecting national values, protecting the environment, promoting large-scale reforms in agriculture, and strengthening the country's food independence.
- The multilateral activities of the Halk Maslahata in the field of international politics also play a huge role," the President continued.
- Turkmenistan does not restrict anyone's interests and, at the same time, does not allow restrictions on its independence in any area, interference in the internal affairs of the state, Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov said. - We need partners who follow the principles of non-alignment, respect our state independence, and prioritize an equal and mutually beneficial position.
- Our strategy is focused on establishing long-term cooperation with foreign firms and companies. We will continue to create an optimal investment climate for foreign partners on a legislative basis, and strengthen the regulatory framework, the Head of state noted.
The results of the development of the fuel and energy complex for January-July of this year were discussed at a government meeting
Last Friday, President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov held a meeting of the Cabinet of Ministers via digital video communication, at which the results of the development for seven months of the year of all sectors of the national economy, including the fuel and energy complex of Turkmenistan, were discussed.
The industry meeting discussed the results of the fuel and energy complex for 7 months of 2020
Today, on August 17, in the Central building of the oil and gas complex of Turkmenistan, a reporting meeting was held under the chairmanship of Vice-Chairman of the Cabinet of Ministers Myratgeldi Meredov, at which the results of the work of industry enterprises for seven months of 2020, held under the motto "Turkmenistan - Homeland of Neutrality" were discussed.
CHRONICLE OF THE ERA OF POWER AND HAPPINESS - YEAR 2020
The oil and gas industry is the leading sector of the national economy, that plays a significant role in the programs of the country's socio-economic development on an innovative basis, approved by President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov, and expanding its export opportunities.
Foreign Ministers of Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Afghanistan discuss relevant aspects of partnership
On July 13, a three-way online meeting was held between the Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan Rashid Meredov, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammedyarov and acting Minister of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan Mohammad Khanif Atmar.
President: the economy of Turkmenistan is developing in accordance with the adopted programs
Despite the coronavirus pandemic and its negative impact on the global economy, the current state of the national economy indicates that our state continues to develop in accordance with the adopted programs, President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov said, summarizing the results of economic development of Turkmenistan for January-July 2020.